Pages

Monday, 3 February 2014

LETTING GO

wardrobe_sale_web
I am a gatherer of sorts, much to the amusement of my mum, she could just pass down all her nic nacs to me, not having to throw them away.
I have a hard time letting things go, and when my grandparents died all in the same year, I tried to salvage as much as I could. My apartment is full of furniture from my grandparents and I love living with them. But I also took loads of clothes that I intended to sell in Berlin, but of course never did. Most of it is too big for me and my aspirations as a seamstress to alter all those skirts and blouses were soon undermined by a lack of time and skill. Unlike others, I don't have the time to set up a decent online shop, as I am about to move, and this time it's a big one.
Facing a lack of space, I got myself to let go. After one last attempt (and a few unsuccessful ads in ebay and etsy) to sell some of it, I packed five big bags and carried them to local thrift store Humana. No tears, a quick goodbye, and they were off to a new life. wardrbe_sale_ex Just like me.
theJeffery_bike humana

No comments:

Post a Comment